MyCityMommy had some great ideas on ways to save you a little extra at the pump:
1. Use a STP Gas treatment: This much-lauded additive cleans your engine and fuel intake system while fighting fuel-line freeze and boosting your car’s performance and mileage. You should use it a few times to see full benefits, but you will: at least 10% improved mileage, all while protecting your engine.
2.) Inflate those tires: Countless studies have shown that cars with properly inflated and balanced tires get better gas mileage — around 3.3%, according to government stats.
3.) Change your oil, and put the right oil in: This is key for older cars especially, which in many cases will benefit from using 5W-30 motor oil.
4.) Buy low-octane gasoline: Unless your car specifically requires premium, skip it and go for low-octane fuel.
5.) Use MurphyUSA’s smartphone app to find the cheapest prices instead of driving around looking for the best deal.
6.) Gas Buddy or Gas Price Watch: These are both online sites that watch gas prices giving you the highest and lowest prices in your area.
7.) Car Pool or Walk...this seems obvious!
8.) Check the signs: Some places allow you to pay CASH for a discounted price
When you’re involved in an automobile accident, you’re flustered, possibly injured and probably not thinking straight. Get a FREE Axikit (Accident Report Kit), and you’ll be prepared.
The AxiKit includes:
•Flash Camera with Film
•Step by Step Accident Guide
Click here to get yours: AxiKit
“Map Out the Magic” with free customized maps to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Resort and more. Makes it easy to plan your vacation, or use them as a keepsake! Highlight your family’s favorite activities and explore all that Disney has to offer. Print them out today or order online!
You will receive five full-color, keepsake-quality customized maps: Walt Disney World Resort Overview, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park
Each map includes:
- Park highlights, plus your family’s favorites
- Large 14″ x 20″ format
- A set of golden stickers to mark new favorites
* Delivery time: 2 to 4 weeks
Click here to get started: Maps
Head on over and play the Walgreens Irish Spring Legendary Giveaway/Instant Win Game! A total of 800 winners will instantly win $10 Walgreens gift cards, 100 will score $50 Walgreens gift cards, another 100 will score $25 gift cards and 275 winners will score $25 iTunes gift cards! Plus, the grand prize winner will win a trip for 2 to Dublin, Ireland!
Click here to play: Game
You’ll also be able to print a $1/1 Irish Spring Legendary Classic Deodorant Walgreens coupon!
Filed under Beauty, Contests, Coupon, FORT MILL, Giveaways, Health, LAKE WYLIE, ROCK HILL, TEGA CAY, Travel, YORK
Planning a road trip? Print these FREE Printable Road Trip Bingo pages! We used bingo cards when my kids were young, and they loved them. Bingo, along with finding license plates from other states, saved our sanity on drives to Florida.
Click here to get your cards: Bingo
Planning your vacation? The New York Times has a list of 11 ways to cut your travel costs, plus it lists some very useful web sites. It’s bad enough we have to battle through body scans, baggage fees and (eek) even bedbugs. At least let’s do it at a cheaper price!!
The Times’ #1 tip:
1. SHOP “PRIVATE SALES.” A growing number of Web sites, including SniqueAway.com, TabletHotels.com and Jetsetter.com have flash sales of 20 to 60 percent off hotel packages to travelers on an invitation-only basis. Another site, TripAlertz.com, works like Groupon for travel, meaning that the more people who book a deal, the lower the rate. At TripAlertz and LivingSocial.com, which offers last-minute getaways, all you have to do is create an account to access the deals.
To read the rest of the strategies and tips, click here: NYT Travel
Head over to Facebook and “Like” Hotels.com. Open your gift — the minimum appears to be a 10% off coupon, with some lucky people receiving loyalty credits (worth $150) or a flip camcorder. 10% off coupons are capped at 6,200 participants.
Click here: Hotels
I just received a 10% off coupon this morning (Sunday). What did you get??