The Official NORAD Tracks Santa website has been one of our family favorites for years. Click here: NORAD and you can follow Santa on his Christmas Eve journey in Google Maps or Google Earth.
Don’t miss the Explore YouTube videos and photos from each location Santa visits, and track his route in Google Earth to watch him fly around the world!
The website has lots of fun activities for kids, including a holiday village countdown, Santa snacks, videos and more.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Home and Garden Television (one of my favorites!) shows you some beautiful — and easy! — Christmas crafts, including one by Share My Craft user Katie Watson for a special way to count down the 25 days of Christmas. “Each envelope has a coupon inside that is redeemable for something special (i.e., a family game night, a cup of hot chocolate, a piece of Christmas candy, Mom reading a book, etc.),” she says. It’s not only a fun family activity, but a creative piece of holiday decor, too.
Click here, and go to picture #11:
Free Comic Book Day is the first Saturday in May each year. Participating comic book shops across North America and around the world give away comic books absolutely FREE to anyone who comes into their stores!! So zip over to the nearest store on May 7 and get yours!
Click here to find a location near you: Comic Books
Filed under Books, Entertainment, FORT MILL, Free, Free Events, Kid Stuff, LAKE WYLIE, Magazines, ROCK HILL, TEGA CAY, YORK
Hot happenings around York County this week:
- Love books? Don’t miss The Friends of the York County Library book sale Thursday through Saturday at the First ARP Church gymnasium, 201 E. White St., Rock Hill. Pay just $2 per inch of the book stack! Videos, DVDs and audiobooks will also be for sale at bargain prices. Get the inside scoop during the opening night for Friends members from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday. Memberships will be sold at the door beginning at $10 for individuals and $25 for families. The sale opens to the public on 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. All items will be half price Saturday!
- The River Hills Tour of Homes & Gardens on Saturday also includes antique cars and art collections at 10 locations in the Lake Wylie area. Four River Hills homes are included in the event. The show is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Advance tickets cost $20 and are available at Q2U BBQ Pit and Lake Wylie Coffee House. Tickets will be available the day of the show at the River Hills main entrance and Clover Community Bank beginning at 9 a.m. For information, call 704-965-8703 or email email@example.com.
- Medi Home Hospice will sponsor a community prayer service from noon to 12:30 p.m. Friday at Epiphany Lutheran Church to pray for our community and the world. The church is at 2370 W. Main St., Rock Hill. Refreshments will be provided. For information, call 803-327-5190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Filed under Books, FORT MILL, Free Events, Fun Stuff to Do, House and Home, Kid Stuff, LAKE WYLIE, Make a Difference, ROCK HILL, TEGA CAY, YORK
Reduce, reuse, recycle . . . Check out these deals to mark Earth Day!
- FREE full size cleanser from Origins. Simply fill out this form, take in your current cleanser (empty or full), and trade it in for an Origins full size Checks and Balances or A Perfect World (value $18.)
- Join Anthropologie for a FREE Earth Day craft workshops for kids. Click on the area where you live, then you’ll find the schedule.
- Free EVOS Organic Shake nationwide.
- Get a free reusable tote bag through April 22 at Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market when you spend $20 or more. The totes usually sell for 99 cents. You can find the coupon for the free tote at Fresh & Easy’s Facebook fan page www.facebook.com/freshandeasy. Click on “Offers” in the left column.
- Lowe’s is giving a 1 million free trees on April 23 to celebrate Earth Day! Stop by your local store and claim yours. More info
- Download for FREE The Four Seasons – A Earth Day Interactive Children’s Story Book on iTunes.
- Free admission to all 392 U.S. National Parks Celebrate Earth Day 2011 by taking your family to visit our National Parks. Admission is free through Sunday, April 25.
- You can swap five plastic bags for a free reusable tote bag at Disney Stores on April 22. And, no, you can’t trade 50 plastic bags for 10 free totes. Find the nearest Disney Store by checking out the website.
Thanks, Mother Nature Network!
Filed under Beauty, Books, Coupon, Food, FORT MILL, Free, Free Events, Fun Stuff to Do, Kid Stuff, LAKE WYLIE, Make a Difference, Parks & Rec, Restaurants, ROCK HILL, TEGA CAY, YORK
Celebrate Earth Day and visit one of our national parks for free!
They are awesome testaments to the beauty of the United States.
More than 100 national parks that usually charge entrance fees will be free on these days.
Mark your calendar:
- April 16-24 (for Earth Day)
- June 21
- Sept. 24
- Nov. 11-13
For more information: Fee-Free Day
Also, many individual parks are offering their own special deals. See a list here: Park Specials
To celebrate their 33rd anniversary, Ben & Jerry’s is having Free Cone Day today, April 12!
They are giving away free cones from 12 p.m -8 p.m.
Click here to find a Ben & Jerry’s near you: Locations